Oh my word. This was so easy and SO good (and also pretty healthy! Win + win + win.)
- 1 to 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1/2 tsp)
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper (or 2 tsp seasoning blend instead of salt + pepper)
- 1 bag pre-shredded cole slaw mix (14 oz or so)
- 1 large can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes (or 1 can each diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, 15 oz or so)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
For stovetop/oven, brown ground beef, onions, and garlic with salt and pepper in a skillet with lid. Stir in cabbage and continue heating until wilted; stir in tomatoes/sauce, and rice. Heat until bubbling, then cover and place in 300 degree oven for 1 hour.
For slow cooker, brown ground beef and pour into slow cooker (including grease). Add all other ingredients, stir and heat on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with crusty bread or rolls, if desired (to help mop up the “juice”!)