This simplified version of chicken piccata is ready in a flash and uses ingredients you might already have in your kitchen!
- 1 pkg chicken thighs (bone-in or boneless)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 stick butter, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (enough to coat bottom of medium skillet)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- Salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 tbsp capers (optional)
Heat oil in skillet on medium-high. Dry chicken and season well with salt, pepper, and paprika. Sear on both sides until browned. Remove to plate and drain pan (do not rinse). Pour in lemon juice and heat until bubbling, scraping bottom of pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium, add butter a tablespoon at a time and stir until melted. Stir in garlic and thyme, stirring frequently until sauce has thickened. Add chicken back to skillet; top with parsley and/or capers (if using), cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Serve when internal temperature is at least 165 degrees. Spoon sauce over chicken when serving.