Part lo mein, part ramen, all delicious!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 packs dry ramen noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5-8 oz shitaki mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic chili paste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Soft-boiled egg half for each bowl (optional)
- Diced green onion for garnish (optional)
Lay chicken on bottom of slow cooker. Add everything else except vegetables and noodles and stir lightly to coat, then spread vegetables over top of chicken. Heat on high 3 hours or low 5-6 hours; remove chicken to a plate and set aside. Add noodles to slow cooker; shred chicken and add back to cooker and cook for 30-45 more minutes or until vegetables and noodles are done to desired tenderness. Top with diced green onion and soft boiled egg half if desired.
This is not the ramen you ate in college. Welcome to adulthood!