There’s a reason why there are rarely any leftovers of this dish.
- 2 30-32 oz bags frozen hash browns
- 24 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups shredded cheese (sharp Cheddar, Gouda, Monterrey Jack, or combination)
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 6 strips bacon, fried and crumbled (or 1/4 cup real bacon bits)
- 8 chives, diced (can substitute 2 green onions)
- 2 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
Place potatoes in colander in sink and rinse until thawed and separated; let drain. In large bowl, mix all other ingredients together until well blended and add potatoes; stir to incorporate. Pack into sprayed 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. These went really well with Mississippi Pot Roast.