- 1 bag pre-shredded slaw mix (I prefer broccoli slaw or superfood slaw)
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh or dried parsley or basil to garnish (optional)
Steam slaw on stove top or microwave until softened. In the meantime, beat eggs in large bowl and stir in cheese, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; add drained slaw once ready and stir to combine. Pour in baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray and sprinkle herbs over top if desired. Melt butter in same dish used to steam slaw and pour evenly over top. Bake at 350 until golden, 30 to 40 minutes.
This recipe came about when I had over-bought slaw mix to make my Asian Slaw for a potluck picnic. It turned out to be a delicious way to get some healthy veggies!