This yummy dish incorporates all the colors of the Italian flag, and all the flavors of its country. It is adapted from a recipe at Pressure Luck.
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1 onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups dried short pasta (penne, rotini, or rigatoni)
- 16-24 frozen meatballs
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded or shaved Parmesan
- 1 block Boursin garlic & herb cheese (or 4 oz cream cheese), cubed/crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (optional)
Saute onions and garlic in butter and oil until softened; add sausage and cook until mostly brown. Add sauce, seasonings,and pasta; pour water into jar and shake and add to pot, then stir. Add meatballs on top but do not stir; pressure cook 6 minutes then quick release. Stir in pesto, Parmesan, and Boursin/cream cheese until well combined. Top with shredded cheese (if desired) and saute until melted [or transfer to casserole dish, add cheese, and heat in oven under broiler until golden, If you have an air fryer lid for your IP, which I do not, Pressure Luck Jeff did it that way].