- 1 lb lump crab or any other meat
- 1 1/2 cups [uncooked] rice
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion (1 small onion)
- 1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tsp Old Bay or other seasoning mix
- salt and black pepper to taste
Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, fry bacon in medium to large skillet until crispy; remove from pan and set aside. Add oil to skillet and turn to medium high. Add vegetables and saute until soft and fragrant. Add meat and seasonings and cook until done. Stir in salsa and cooked rice. Remove from heat; crumble bacon over top. Can cover and place in warm oven until ready to serve.
Very nice topped with a drizzle of remoulade. I have also added shredded cheese and baked as a casserole.