- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 carrots, diced or shredded (1/2 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 qt vegetable or other light broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch or dash of red pepper or hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Heat oil on medium-high and saute onions until softened; add garlic and carrots, stirring until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste, then all other ingredients except lemon juice. Heat until bubbling and reduce to medium-low. Cover and let simmer until lentils are soft (30-60 minutes). Blend with immersion blender to desired smoothness; stir in lemon juice and serve with bread and a dollop of yogurt if desired.
It was delish honey.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the review!