With my recent obsession with pozole (here and here), I’ve also acquired a new appreciation for hominy. Since we have a long-standing tradition of celebrating Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo, I created a new dish for the occasion. This was served with Salsa Chicken enchiladas.
- 2 standard cans of hominy
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend or Monterrey Jack)
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (or so) crushed tortilla chips (optional)
Drain hominy and pour into large bowl; add all other ingredients except chips. Spoon into sprayed or buttered casserole dish or skillet and top with crushed chips if desired. Bake at 350⁰ for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.