- 8 oz white American cheese (from the deli section) torn or cut into pieces
- 1 (one) 4 oz can mild green chile peppers
- 1/3 cup half and half (plus more as needed)
- 2-3 slices pickled jalapeno, seeded and diced fine
- 1 tsp juice from the jalapeno jar
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Salt to taste
Add all ingredients to saucepan on medium, stirring frequently until cheese is melted. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until ready to serve, stirring regularly. Add more half and half if needed to desired consistency. Can also cook in microwave (about 5 minutes, stirring every minute) or in small slow cooker.
This recipe is adapted from the one on Abuelo’s Facebook page. Their queso is muy bueno!