This is an officially certified covered-dish supper hit!
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach (10 oz or so)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened (lowfat works well)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterrey Jack, etc)
- 1 cup bread or cracker crumbs or croutons
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic paste or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Stir all ingredients together until well blended (adding milk only to desired consistency). Spoon into baking dish coated well with cooking spray and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (if desired, sprinkle more Parmesan on top before baking).