Yes, it has some of the same ingredients from the package; but I’ve added things, changed measurements, and adapted the directions enough to call it my own. I first made the original for a dear friend’s wedding in 2011, and did this year’s version for our annual Super Bowl gathering with the in-laws.
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach
- 1 small jar artichoke hearts (optional)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small tub whipped cream cheese
- 1 can diced water chestnuts
- 1-2 scallions, diced
- 1 packet Knorr vegetable dip mix
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Heat spinach, artichokes, and garlic on stovetop or in microwave until thawed and softened. Drain very well and chop to desired consistency (I usually just run a knife gently through the mixture while in the collander). Stir with all other ingredients in medium bowl and chill at least 4 hours (overnight is better). Serve with chips or bread slices.