- 3/4 to 1 lb chicken breast strips
- 1 large package sliced cremini mushrooms (“baby bellas”)
- 1 package baby spinach leaves
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup pasta (I used shells)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 to 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and black pepper to taste
Add all ingredients except spinach, cream, pasta, and cheese to large slow cooker. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Remove chicken to plate, add pasta and spinach, stir and replace cover. Shred chicken and add back to pot. When ready to serve, stir in cheese and cream. Taste and add seasonings or Marsala as desired.
I adapted this recipe for the slow cooker from one found on Pinterest, to take to a church soup supper (where my soup reputation is somewhat notable). It was well received!