Lasagna is, in essence, a simple dish, for which thousands of recipes exist. Here is mine.
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 24 oz any variety pasta sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or sausage
- 15-16 oz ricotta or cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic paste or 1 tsp garlic powder
- Italian seasoning blend
Brown meat and stir in about half of the sauce. Drain some of the whey off (if using cottage cheese); mix together with the eggs, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, the Parmesan, garlic paste or powder, and Italian seasoning to taste. Spray 13 x 9 x 2 pan and place one layer of noodles in the bottom. Spoon half the meat sauce over noodles in an even layer. Add another layer of noodles and then the cheese mixture, followed by another layer of noodles. Top with the rest of the meat sauce and the final layer of noodles. Pour over any remaining sauce from the pan and jar, and sprinkle with the final cup of shredded cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees (325 for dark pan) for 45 minutes; remove and allow to sit for 5-15 minutes before serving.