This is super-moist and so easy!
- 1 frozen turkey breast with gravy (4-5 lbs) – thawed in refrigerator at least 24 hours beforehand
- 1 can cranberry sauce (standard size)
- ½ cup orange marmalade or orange juice
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sage (or your favorite herb)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Unwrap turkey, remove gravy packet, and place turkey bottom-up in slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasonings. Mix cranberry sauce, marmalade or juice, onion, and gravy, and pour over turkey. Cook 8-10 hours on low (can spoon liquid over turkey periodically if desired, but not required). Remove turkey from cooker and slice or shred. Save some of cooking liquid to pour over when serving.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cups milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups buttermilk cornbread mix
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery (with leaves), diced
- 1 small onion, diced
Mix first 4 ingredients and pour into square baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes on 450 (425 for dark pan).
While cornbread is baking, saute celery and onion in butter until softened. Crumble cornbread into bowl, stir in vegetables, and add 3-4 cups of the turkey cooking liquid (until very moist but not soupy). Spray pan again and spoon in dressing; bake at same temperature until slightly browned (about 20 minutes).