The fancy-sounding name just means “chicken with parmesan blush sauce” (which happens to be my favorite type of sauce). This started with a Giada de Laurentis recipe and went pretty far off-book from there.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, cut into short ribbons
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz your favorite type pasta
- Olive oil, salt, and black pepper
Pound chicken breasts until 1/2″ thin; salt and pepper well. Coat bottom of skillet with oil and heat to medium-high. Brown chicken on one side; flip and cook other side until done through. Remove chicken to plate and set aside. Add more oil to pan and cook onions and garlic on same heat setting with more salt and pepper until soft; stir in tomato paste and seasoning mix. Pour in broth and heat until bubbling; reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cream and cheese. Allow to sit and thicken further while pasta cooks. Drain pasta and pour into sauce; toss well and top with chicken. Serve immediately.