An easy and flavorful one-pan dinner!
- 1.25 – 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 tsp dried rosemary (or 1 tbsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme (or 1/2 tbsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus more for chicken and vegetables)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (plus more for vegetables)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Vegetables of your choice cut into bite-sized pieces, about 8 cups
(Here, I’ve used 6 red potatoes, 12 oz baby carrots, and 1 zucchini)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Aluminum foil for pan (this ensures even heating and makes cleanup a breeze!)
Mix together vinegar, honey, and all seasonings in measuring cup. Pat chicken dry, sprinkle liberally with salt on both sides, and place in single layer in shallow container or zip-top bag. Pour marinade over, close, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (preferably several hours or even overnight). When ready to prepare, cover pan with aluminum foil, spread vegetables in single layer and drizzle with olive oil, then salt and pepper to taste. Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Lay chicken evenly on top of vegetables and pour remaining marinade over everything. Bake additional 20 minutes for tenders or 30 minutes for larger pieces. Allow to rest a few minutes before serving.
I adapted this significantly from a recipe I found on Pinterest.