- 1 lb chicken breasts or strips
- 1/2 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 12-16 small potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 small sweet onion, diced fine
- 3-4 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 small tub pimiento cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Put all ingredients except cheese in large slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Reduce heat to low (or warm if available), remove chicken, shred, and put back in crock. Add cheese and stir. Serve when melted and fully incorporated; add extra seasoning and liquid as needed.
This soup was born one Saturday at home, out of hunger, leftovers, and creativity!