This recipe is my adaptation of Cook’s Country’s version. I am all about chowder, any kind, any time; but especially if shellfish are involved.
- 1 bag diced frozen potatoes (30-32 oz)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 large or 2 small cans chopped clams
- 2 tbsp instant mashed potatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- oyster crackers for serving
Add first 7 ingredients to slow cooker and stir. Cook on high until vegetables are fully cooked (3-6 hours). Add remaining ingredients and serve when clams are warm, do not overcook.