- 2 large or 4 small cans chicken
- 1 can diced tomatoes & green chilies (I use “zesty” variety)
- 2 large cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (or 2 cloves fresh minced)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing mix
- about 1 cup water (more as needed during cooking)
- A few sliced jarred jalapenos (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cook in slow-cooker all day or on stove top 30 minutes or so. Add water if needed. Remove bay leaf. Serve with your favorite toppings (shredded cheese, tortilla chips or strips, a dollop of sour cream, diced avocado, fresh lime juice, and/or cilantro).
Can also add one can of Spanish rice or a handful of uncooked white or brown rice.