- 1 large or 2 small head(s) fresh cauliflower
- About ¾ cup homemade aioli (recipe below) OR mayonnaise + ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp your favorite mustard
- 2 tsp dill weed (fresh or dried)*
- 6 chives, minced*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika (optional, for garnish)
- 1 extra-large or 2 medium egg(s)
- 1 cup olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Generous pinch of salt
(Blend in tall jar with immersion blender. Ta-da!)
Fill a pot ¼ full with cold water and a pinch of salt. Remove the cauliflower florets from the stalk and put them into the pot of water. Bring it up to a rolling boil, then cover and let it steam on medium for about 15 minutes until the cauliflower is fork tender. Drain very very well and allow to cool. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the aioli (or mayo) and mustard until thoroughly combined. Stir in other ingredients. Gently fold in cauliflower. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Chill at least 4 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
*(The use of dill weed and chives in this recipe satisfies my husband’s love for dill-pickle-and-onion-laden potato salad AND my dislike for anything crunchy in my potato salad.)