Made these for an office potluck; it was as if piranhas devoured them!
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- ½ sweet onion, diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup grated cheese (cheddar or your choice)
- Splash of milk
- 2 rolls refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Italian bread crumbs (optional)
Saute chicken, onion, and garlic in olive oil with seasonings. Remove from heat and stir in softened butter, cheeses, and enough milk to make it smooth. Flatten each crescent triangle, place a scoop (about 2 tbsp) of filling in the center, and fold up the corners to seal at the top (make sure no filling is creeping out). Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 350 degrees 11-13 minutes.
Can also substitute vegetables for all or part of the chicken (broccoli, peppers, or mushrooms would work well).