- 16 oz pasta
- 1 lb or so boneless chicken breast, diced
- 10-12 oz ham, cooked and cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs (seasoned or plain)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil pasta in salted water until al dente; drain and stir in butter. Pour into 13 x 9 x 2 casserole dish. Saute chicken in olive oil, salt, and pepper; pour over pasta in dish and sprinkle diced ham on top. Heat cream cheese until melted, then add Swiss cheese, then milk and garlic powder. Pour over pasta and meats; sprinkle bread crumbs over the top. Broil until bread crumbs are toasted, about 10 minutes.
I have also successfully made this with bacon and Cheddar instead of ham and Swiss; and with leftover cooked chicken and leftover cooked rice.