- 4 slices bacon, diced
- About 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups Rotini pasta
- ½ cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, and pasta (make sure pasta is submerged). Heat until bubbling; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
Turn off heat and stir in barbecue sauce and cheese until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Add bacon to top. Serve immediately.