- 12 oz pasta (I like linguine)
- 12-16 oz pkg frozen ready-to-eat shrimp
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp Sriracha or 1 tbsp chili garlic paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Diced chives or scallions (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place shrimp directly from freezer into colander in sink and run warm water over them for a few minutes until mostly thawed; allow to drain. Add half the garlic, the paprika, olive oil, cilantro, and salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread on baking sheet and set aside (save colander).
Boil pasta in water with salt and a splash of olive oil until desired doneness. While pasta is cooking, whisk together mayonnaise, chili sauce, Sriracha, lime juice, remaining garlic, and pepper flakes, and set aside.
Place shrimp in oven and roast until pink and firm, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Drain pasta in colander in sink, then pour back into pot and add sauce, tossing to coat. Add shrimp and any pan residue and toss lightly until combined. Garnish with chives or scallions if desired.